Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Everybody's Gangsta

At a young age I realized that the block wasn't for me

don't get me wrong, my upbringing was drenched in poverty

More oodles of noodles and syrup sandwiches than any dude you see

But thoughts of the fast life I knew I had to concede

Not because it wasn't glamorous and attractive to me

More because it was scandalous and retractive to me

In a world where it seems like "Gangsta" is the thing to be

It's seems uncouth would be the word you'd use to define me

But I'm ok with it, 'cause I know it sets me apart

And I know my personality will pierce you memory like a dart

Seems like pretending is in and has become a new art

But being "Gangsta's" a facade, not who you are in your heart

I know that the road that I'm on is the one less traveled

full of freshness and newness not worn with dirt and gravel

So if Gangsta's the path you choose it'll be an uphill battle

'Cause at some point you're waiting for your life to unravel

But if Gangsta's what you need to help your self esteem

Then please kill yourself, 'cause that excuse is stupid to me

Just be yourself, 'cause I truly believe

That none of these guys are ever as Gangsta as they seem

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! They aren't as gangsta as they want people to believe.

Anonymous said...

again...**snap snap**