Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day Dreamin'

They say a picture's worth a thousand words
But as I stare at this photo I become mute
No sentence can accurately articulate how I'm feeling at this moment
This zone I'm in has cut me off from the outside world
Sound has disappeared and apparently time has stopped
No glance from the image that has transferred me from one thought to the next
Fingers snap in front of my face to try and break this trance that I'm in
Those attempts go ignored
Ignored because they were noticed, but the trance could not be broken
When I finally come to, I realize that my day dream took a lil over 3 minutes
And the snaps of a finger I was ignoring, was of someone deserving of my attention
But sadly that attention was divided
It may always be divided
The division between my reality and day dreams may not be tolerated for long
So as I buy/by my time, I do so with the knowledge that I may be cursed
They say a picture's worth a thousand words
So why won't the words come out?

No comments: